Phones have replaced our alarm clocks. Now the smart speakers are turning into the new alarm clocks. Setting up an alarm is one of the basic features of a smart speaker. Unlike the usual alarm clocks, smart speakers such as Google Home and Home Mini offer many features related to alarms. What are those? Let’s find out in this guide of how to use alarms effectively on Google Home.
The alarms also work on Google Assistant smart displays. Interestingly, you can even set a music alarm, stop the alarm from your phone, and do many other cool things.
1. HOW TO SET AN ALARM ON GOOGLE HOME
You can use various voice commands to set the alarm on Google Home speakers. Those include:
- Okay Google, set an alarm for 6 AM.
- Okay Google, wake me up at 6 AM.
- Okay Google, set an alarm for Monday 6 AM.
- Okay Google, set an alarm in 30 minutes.
If you have multiple alarms, you can give a name to your alarms. For that, say the command, ‘Okay Google, set an alarm for 6 AM called water.’
2. HOW TO SET AN ALARM FOR EVERY DAY
You wouldn’t call Google Home a smart speaker if it couldn’t set a recurring alarm. You can either set the alarm for all days or select a day while saying the command. For instance,
- Okay Google, set an alarm for 6 AM every day
- Okay Google, set an alarm for every Tuesday at 7 AM
Google Assistant will repeat back the alarm that you set. In case, Assistant heard it wrong, or you want to cancel it, say, ‘Okay Google, cancel the previous alarm.’
Related:- The Women War Workers of the North-West
3. CHANGE GOOGLE HOME ALARM TONE
You cannot directly change the alarm tone on your Google Home, Mini, or Nest. But you can set a music or character alarm tone, as shown in the next section.
4. HOW TO SET MUSIC ALARM ON GOOGLE HOME
Imagine waking up to your favorite song from Spotify! Well, that’s possible with the help of music alarms in Google Home. For that, first, you need to set a default music provider in the Google Home app. You can set Spotify, YouTube Music, etc. as your default music provider.
To do that, open the Google Home app and tap on Settings. Scroll down and tap on Music.
5. SET COOL CHARACTER ALARMS
Similar to music alarms, you can wake up to the voice of your favorite characters.
The characters that are currently live on Google Home are:
- Lego City
- Lego Life
- Lego Friends
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- April O’Neil
For that, say the command, ‘Okay Google, set a Lego City alarm for 8 AM.’
6. HOW TO SNOOZE AN ALARM
To snooze an alarm on Google Home, just say ‘Okay Google, snooze.’ By default, it will snooze the alarm for 10 minutes. If you want to increase or decrease the snooze time, say ‘Okay Google, snooze for X minutes.’ For instance, snooze for 15 minutes.’
7. HOW TO STOP AN ALARM
You can stop the alarm on Google Home either by voice commands or using the touch on your device. Last year, Google introduced the functionality of turning off the alarm by simply saying Stop. Yes, you don’t have to say Okay Google before the word stop. So when the alarm starts ringing, just say stop.
Other commands to stop an alarm are:
- Okay Google, stop
- Okay Google, stop the alarm
- Okay Google, turn off the alarm
- Okay Google, I’m up
If you want to stop the alarm by manually touching it, here’s how to do it on various Google Home devices.
- Google Home: Tap on the top.
- Google Nest Mini (2nd gen): Tap in the center.
- Google Home Mini (1st gen): Press and hold either side where you change the volume
- Google Home Max: Tap on the line on the top or right side.
- Google Nest displays: Tap Stop on the screen.
Related:- A SHORT HISTORY OF THE CABINET WAR ROOMS
8. HOW TO CHECK ACTIVE ALARMS
You can view the active alarms for your Google Home device in two ways — using voice and from the Google Home app.
Check Active Alarms on Google Home Using Voice Command
For that, use the following commands:
- Okay Google, what alarms are set
- Okay Google, when is my next alarm
- Okay Google, when is my Monday alarm
- Okay Google, when is my tea alarm
See Google Home Alarms on Phone
To check active Google Home alarms on Android or iPhone, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open the Google Home app and tap on your Google Home device. Tap on the settings icon.
Step 2: Tap on Alarms & timers. You will find all your active alarms.
9. HOW TO CANCEL AN ALARM
Use these commands to cancel an alarm on Google Home:
- Okay Google, cancel alarm for 8 AM
- Okay Google, cancel [name of alarm]
If you want to cancel all the set alarms, say, ‘Okay Google, cancel all alarms.’ To cancel a previously set alarm, say ‘Okay Google, cancel the previous alarm.’
10. CANCEL GOOGLE HOME ALARM FROM PHONE
To delete an alarm from your phone, repeat the steps mentioned above to check active alarms on the Google Home app — open the app, go to your Google Home device settings, and tap on Alarms & timers. Then, tap on the cross icon next to the alarm that you want to cancel.
WAKE ME UP
Those were some interesting things about alarms on Google Home. You can even create Google Assistant routines at the time of your alarm. For instance, you can have a routine where the lights will turn on and the Assistant will tell you about your day.